If you would like to see the time when driving, the clock on your car’s dashboard is a great tool to use. However, some Toyota Camry drivers may experience problems with theirs. In this article, you will learn how to solve your Toyota Camry’s clock issues.
Generally, a Toyota Camry’s clock is fixed by changing out the radio assembly, updating the software, or replacing the battery. If you can not troubleshoot the problem with the clock yourself, it is best to take your car to a Toyota dealership.
Keep reading to look at the different types of problems you can have with your Toyota Camry clock. If you are having trouble with yours, we might have the solution for you listed below.
Toyota Camry Clock Keeps Resetting
Some Toyota Camry drivers have come forward saying that their clock keeps resetting to 1:00, and this can be bothersome when you need to keep track of the time.
If your Toyota Camry’s clock keeps resetting, there are a few components you want to take a look at to make sure everything is working properly, including the battery, fuse, ignition switch, and wiring.
Here’s what you should look at in these parts to determine if they are the cause of your clock’s continuous resetting:
- The battery: See if your battery is supplying adequate voltage, or if it needs a replacement. The inadequate voltage will make the clock reset often.
- The fuse: See if your fuse is loose or faulty. These problems can cause an electrical interruption in your clock.
- The ignition switch: See if your ignition switch is dirty or loose. An ignition such as this can cause a barrier in constant contact with the source of electricity needed to operate your radio.
- The wiring: Check to see if your wiring is at fault. This is something that you will not be able to troubleshoot yourself; you will need to take your Toyota Camry to the dealership.
Now that you have learned some things that may be the cause of your Toyota Camry’s clock resetting, let’s move on to the issue of the clock display not working.
Toyota Camry Clock Display Not Working
Oftentimes for Toyota Camry drivers, their clock will just not work at all and only show a blank screen.
If your Toyota Camry’s clock display isn’t working, resetting the display screen may help cure the problem. If this doesn’t work, you might need a replacement of the radio itself.
These are the steps you can take to reset your Toyota Camry’s display screen:
- Step 1: Turn your key to position one.
- Step 2: Hold down the odometer button.
- Step 3: Turn your key to position two.
- Step 4: Hold down the odometer button for another 10 seconds. The maintenance light will flash, and then you will hear a beeping sound and the maintenance light will go off.
- Step 5: Let go of the odometer button and start the ignition.
This problem, much like the last one, could have to do with the wiring, fuse, or batter. This is an additional step you can take to try before taking it to the Toyota dealership..
Toyota Camry Fuse
As we have already discussed, the problem with your Toyota Camry’s clock can be with the fuse. It could be blown, loose, or faulty. The fuse is in the fuse box, located in the driver’s side kick panel area.
If your Toyota Camry’s fuse is blown or faulty, you will need to replace it with a new one. You can contact your local Toyota dealership for the specific one(s) you need. If it is loose, all you have to do is to properly reconnect it.
How to change fuses with a Toyota Camry:
- Step 1: Pull the hood release lever to open the hood
- Step 2: Locate the fuse box by the engine compartment
- Step 3: Remove the fuse box lid by opening the cover tab
- Step 4: Find the correct fuse for your clock and change it
The fuse for your clock is often connected to the cigarette lighter and dome lights in many years of Toyota Camry’s, so it may be labeled something different than “clock.” The clock can use up to 3 different fuses to successfully work.
The dome fuse that it may be connected with is under the hood in the engine fuse box. The problem could also reside further into the car’s wiring up to the circuit board that runs the clock.
Toyota Camry’s Electronic Wiring Intertwined
You will find that when troubleshooting your Toyota Camry’s clock issue, you will run into a lot of fuses that are interconnected and related to each other. The dome lights, the battery in general, the dashboard lights, and the headlights, are all related to each other.
When you turn on your headlights, the Toyota Camry’s clock is programmed to dim. So, if you’re having a problem with the dimming feature, for instance, it may be a faulty fuse with the headlight system. The same issue can be seen with turning on your dome light.
The wiring for your Toyota Camry’s clock is intertwined with other systems, so troubleshooting it may be the solution. This can be labor-intensive and requires knowledge of electrical principles, so you might want to leave it to the dealership.
Copyright protected article by Know My Auto and was first published on Jun 15, 2021. .
More than likely, they are going to recommend you replace your clock since it is a fairly inexpensive part, and the good part about it is that it is a fairly easy part to replace yourself. There are plenty of YouTube videos on clock replacement to be found.
Toyota Camry Clock Set
In some cases, setting the time for your clock is the simple solution. Depending on the year of your Toyota Camry, setting the clock can be a different process.
Newer Toyota Camry Clock Set
Setting up your clock to show the current time in your time zone is a bit easier for newer Toyota Camry’s than older ones.
How to set newer Toyota Camry clocks:
- Step 1: Press and hold DISP
- Step 2: Select Clock. Each press of the DISP button will advance the clock one hour.
- Step 3: Wait five seconds to confirm hours, then use the same process for minutes
- Step 4: Wait five seconds to confirm the time
Now that you know how to set up the newer model’s clock, let’s move on to the older model’s process.
The copyright owner of this article is Knowmyauto.com and was first published on Jun 15, 2021..
Older Toyota Camry Clock Set
The process for setting the clock for an older Toyota Camry is a bit different from the newer one.
How to set older Toyota Camry clocks:
- Step 1: Turn your Toyota Camry on
- Step 2: Press h until desired hour is selected
- Step 3: Press m until desired minute is selected
- Step 4: Wait five seconds to confirm the time
One of these methods should work for your Toyota Camry in getting the clock all set up for you. Now you should be able to tell the correct time!
Toyota Camry Clock Fading In and Out
You may be having a problem with your Toyota Camry clock fading in and out, or more commonly known as a dim display.
How to fix a dim clock display on a Toyota Camry:
- Step 1: Remove the faceplate over the clock and disconnect all connections
- Step 2: Unscrew the clock, remove it from the frame, and access the circuit board
- Step 3: Apply heat to all the clock’s connections to reset the solder
- Step 4: Reassemble
Depending on the age of your Toyota Camry, the sun may have destroyed the LED after prolonged exposure. If this solution doesn’t work, you might need to replace the clock.
KnowMyAuto is the sole owner of this article was published on Jun 15, 2021 and last updated on .