Hello, My name is Harry. I’ve been interested in knowing more about my own car ever since I bought my first car over 20+ years ago. This website is a collection of problems and questions I had researched over the years whenever I encountered a problem.
Me and my family owned quite a bit of cars in the past 20-40 years. We’ll add more content as we replace the old ones with new ones.
My Honda Clarity
Honda Clarity is a super fun car to drive and superbly efficient. We don’t drive more than 40 miles a day so this car is perfect. I charge this car at 12am and we are ready to use it by 9 or 10am.
According to my power company, if I charge it after 12am, I’m going to pay less and truly, I’m paying maybe 23 cents per kWh which is good. Comes out to be about $6.066 every 40 miles slightly better than my 22 mile per gallon Toyota Highlander hybrid but not much better than my Toyota Prius rated about 58 miles per gallon city driving – using $4.78 per gallon our Prius cost us about $3.30 every 40 miles.
Sometimes, we get 50 miles reported on the dash for EV use.
I think the straight edge above the rear tires is hideous, I really wish Honda didn’t do it this way. They should have made it a normal looking Honda car.
I love the Car Play on the Honda Clarity. The more I use this car the more I love it. Funny fact, I never use the FM and AM radio for more than a year because I thought it didn’t have one. However, I’ve been a long time iPhone user so all the music I have on my phone was enough to sustain us for our long drives.
My Toyota Prius
My wife use the Toyota Prius as her every day car, specially when she was still going to work. It’s efficient, it has everything you need to go from point A to point B. We got the premium version of this, so we got navigation, premium sound and all.
We have not encountered any issues with this except with the batteries. It dried out on us when the pandemic hit, since my wife didn’t drive it for a long time. I had to jump start it using my Honda Clarity but it was pretty easy to do. I have not uploaded any of my articles/research of this car yet but will do so soon.
- How to Reset Toyota Prius Oil Life Indicator
Resetting the oil life indicator on a Toyota Prius involves a few short steps, including accessing the vehicle’s on-board maintenance menu, selecting the reset option, and confirming the action to ensure your car accurately tracks the time until your next oil change.
- How to Reset Toyota Prius Touch ScreenThe Toyota Prius has been a popular choice for environmentally-conscious drivers since its introduction in 1997. Known for its innovative hybrid technology, the Prius also …
- How to Reset Toyota Prius TPMSThe Toyota Prius is a popular hybrid vehicle known for its fuel efficiency and eco-friendliness. One important aspect of maintaining the Prius is to ensure …
- Toyota Prius Ignition Problems (How To Fix)As environmentally-friendly vehicles become increasingly popular in today’s world, the Toyota Prius has earned the reputation of being a top choice for a reliable hybrid …
My Toyota Highlander
I love my Toyota Highlander, till to this day I love to look at pictures of new Toyota Highlanders models and they look awesome! I just feel like it’s a little too expensive for me right now since I don’t drive that much. I think I would love to have another Toyota Highlander once they come out with a PHEV(Plugin-Hybrid) or an EV version of this. I’ll be uploading a few articles about this car soon.
- Toyota Highlander Hood Won’t Open (How To Fix)Encountering a hood that won’t open on a Toyota Highlander can be frustrating. This issue can arise without warning, leaving drivers perplexed about the underlying …
- Toyota Highlander Won’t Start Clicking Noise (How To Fix)
A clicking noise when trying to start your Toyota Highlander is often due to battery or starter issues. Through simple troubleshooting like cleaning battery terminals, inspecting the ground wire, and replacing the starter, you may resolve the problem.
- Toyota Highlander Ignition Key Won’t Turn (How To Fix)
Troubles with turning the ignition key in your Toyota Highlander can often be tied to a locked steering wheel, a worn-out key, or an issue with the ignition cylinder itself. Gently turning the steering wheel while trying to turn the key or checking the key and cylinder for damage may help resolve this issue.
- Toyota Highlander Won’t Start After Changing BatteryA Toyota Highlander may experience a problem where it won’t start after changing the battery, leaving many owners baffled and frustrated. There are several potential …
My Toyota Corolla
This is the Toyota Corolla I’ve given to my dad, I’ve driven it for a few years. My dad’s place had a major flooding and this car was submerged quite a bit. I would have to say the anti-rust proofing that Toyota put on this car is a job well done. It held up pretty well after cleaning out mud and fixing it up a little, we still own this car after more than 10+ years. Here’s a few a questions I had to researched on Toyota Corollas
- How to Reset Toyota Corolla Maintenance Light
To reset the Toyota Corolla’s maintenance light, turn the ignition to the “On” position and press and hold the trip reset button until Trip A appears. Turn the ignition off, then press and hold the reset button while turning the ignition back on or pushing the start button without pressing the brake. Hold the button until the odometer numbers flash 0, indicating the maintenance light is off.
- Toyota Corolla Overheating
A Toyota Corolla may overheat due to low coolant levels, which can be caused by a leak in the cooling system. If your Corolla is overheating, it is important to check the coolant level and refill it if necessary. You should also inspect the cooling system for leaks to prevent further overheating and potential engine damage.
- Toyota Corolla USB Not Working
When your USB port is no longer working in your Toyota Corolla, you should always check the port for damage first. Look for food, dust, and dirt that may be in the port and clean it with a Q-tip using rubbing alcohol. Always make sure that you power off the USB port before cleaning it.
- Toyota CarPlay Not Working (Troubleshooting)Apple CarPlay is a system that allows you to access iOS apps hands-free. It does this by routing your connection through the car’s infotainment system. …
My Toyota Camry
This Toyota Camry is super strong and also very reliable. It was my car before I had my Toyota Highlander. I bought it pre-owned and I couldn’t believe how spacious this Camry is. The trunk is a lot bigger than I had imagine, like almost double the size of my Honda Clarity. If Toyota comes up with a Camry prime-plugin like their Rav4 Prime, I would love to own one. Here’s a few articles about Toyota Camry.
- Toyota Camry Shifter Hard to Move (How To Fix)Owners of the Toyota Camry may encounter a situation where the shifter becomes hard to move, an issue that can arise without warning and pose …
- Toyota Camry Gear Shift Stuck in Park (How To Fix)
The Toyota Camry’s gear shift often gets stuck in park due to a malfunctioning brake light switch. This switch signals the release of the gear shift when the brake pedal is pressed. If faulty, it prevents shifting out of park. Replacing the brake light switch typically resolves this issue, restoring normal shift function.
- Toyota Camry Reverse Gear Not Working (How To Fix)
The Toyota Camry’s reverse gear issue could be due to low transmission fluid levels. Insufficient fluid can hinder the transmission’s ability to engage gears properly. Checking and refilling the transmission fluid to the correct level can often resolve this issue, ensuring smooth gear operation.
- Toyota Camry Shifter Stuck in Park
One of the main reasons for the gearshift getting stuck in park can be linked to the shift interlock solenoid not functioning properly. The shift interlock solenoid is a safety device that prevents the gearshift from being moved out of park unless the brake pedal is depressed. If this solenoid is not working correctly, it may cause the gearshift to become unresponsive.
My Honda Civic
Honda Civic was my very first car that I paid for myself. It’s super reliable never had a problem with it. I drove this for about 8 years. The handling is great even in heavy rain fall as long as you have good tires. I never have major problems with this car at all. My friend eventually bought it from me and she drove it for several more years until it was stolen. 🙁 Here’s a few articles about Honda Civics.
- How to Clean Honda Civic Air Filter
A proper cleaning of your Honda Civic’s air filter can be done using compressed air or a soft-bristled brush to gently remove debris. For heavily soiled filters, a wash in a vinegar and warm water solution may be necessary, followed by a thorough rinse. Avoid using high-pressure water streams that could damage the filter material.
- Honda Civic Apple CarPlay Not Working (How To Fix)
Apple CarPlay issues in your Honda Civic may stem from outdated software, incorrect settings, or hardware problems such as a faulty USB connection. Ensuring your iPhone and vehicle’s infotainment system are up-to-date, checking settings, and using an Apple-certified cable can solve many of these issues.
- How to Clean Your Honda Civic Air Filter
To clean the air filter in a Honda Civic, the first step is to locate the air filter housing. The housing is usually located under the hood, near the front of the engine. Once you have located the housing, you can remove the air filter and inspect it for dirt and debris. If the filter is dirty, it will need to be cleaned or replaced. Cleaning the air filter is a simple process that can be done with a few basic tools and some cleaning solution.
- Honda Civic CarPlay Reset (How To)The Honda Civic is known for its modern features and advanced technology, with Apple CarPlay being one of its key components. CarPlay offers seamless connectivity …
Toyota RAV4 2021
I rented this Toyota RAV4 2021 on Turo for our trip to Disneyland in July of 2022 with my kids. It was super efficient even though it wasn’t a hybrid. I got about 35 miles to a gallon with this guy. It was really spacious and surprisingly more stable ride than my old Toyota Highlander. Although, my Highlander was the first edition so probably needed more tweaking in terms of manufacturing. Here’s a few RAV4 topics.
- How to Reset Toyota RAV4 Maintenance
The Maintenance Required Light in the Toyota RAV4 is designed to alert the driver about scheduled services. It is based on specific mileage or time intervals and should not be confused with the Check Engine Light, which indicates various vehicle malfunctions.
- How to Reset Toyota RAV4 Lane Departure
To reset the lane departure alert system in a Toyota RAV4, first ensure the vehicle is parked safely. Then, turn on the ignition without starting the engine. Locate the LDA button, usually found on the steering wheel or dashboard, and press and hold it until the LDA indicator light blinks. This indicates the system has been reset. Finally, start the engine to confirm the reset is effective.
- How to Reset Toyota RAV4 TPMSThe Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) plays a crucial role in maintaining your Toyota RAV4’s safety and fuel efficiency. This system monitors the air pressure …
- Toyota RAV4 Lane Departure/Assist Not Working (How To Fix)The Toyota RAV4 is a popular compact SUV that comes with a range of advanced safety features, including lane departure warning and lane keeping assist. …
There’s still a few cars I have owned but haven’t included here, I will soon update this page to reflect that.
Thanks and enjoy the ride!